Sunday, September 11, 2011

tidbits of an italian arrival

Enclosed in this funny corner of the internet will be pieces of my vita (life) throughout my year in Italy. Pardon my not quite fantastic blogging... hopefully I will be able to shove my way through lacking time to make videos to post.


First off, my name is Asia and this is my 5th night living in Cernusco Lombardone, a town 35km north of Milan. It is starry and moonlighty outside and I can hear Toby, my little host dog, snoring outside my door. After gruelling 30 hours of travel... here I am in a cozy, vibrant home where my host father, mother and sister (and Toby of course) go about their daily lives.

When I arrived I was greeted with the hustle and bustle of city life, contrasting greatly with the little vegetable growing town of Armstrong. My first true night in Italy was spent in the city of Milan where Gaia took me to "Vogue Fashion's Night Out".


Here there were bundles of people crowded about, to watch ladies wearing shiny stuff make odd poses through Versace windows. Oh and I won't forget about the naked 293847 inch stiletto heeled peacock, getting her body painted.



What a night of eccentricity, white limousines, angled faces, clicking cameras and free champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment