Saturday, November 5, 2011

in only a little portion of the boot

Realizing that I've been in my PJ's more than I've been in decent clothes this week, I thought I probably ought to be productive and write a little something in this little blog. Right now tissue paper is skewed across my desk and I've been basically living off of peppermint tea while hiding from the rain and slugging around with my cold. It's rather hard to reencounter what has happened throughout October seeing as the month was stuffed full of happenings. This will only be a teensy part of it so bear with me...


In my highly occupied October there was barely enough time to catch a breath. I got to go to the Last Supper (unfortunately I didn't dine with Jesus but instead viewed Mr. Leonardo's astonishing depiction), painted primary colours across the Duomo Plaza, watched the ballet Raymonda in the most extravagant opera house- La Scala, had a bowl of fun while bowling on my 18th birthday, visited Bergamo Alta with it's dripping gold on white church, rendezvous'd with some lovely international friends from England and Austria, climbed to the top of the Duomo, went to listen to an amazing pianist play some good ol' Bach and Chopin, ate some of the most scrumptious food I have ever eaten made by my host nonna, brung up my Canadian roots and went skating in Lecco and got kooky at The Kook's concert in Milano. And that's just some of it.

Now here are oodles of photos!

Oh... just a regular church in Milano

beautiful fresco's cover every inch

White paper paint day

red, blue, yellow, red, blue, yellow

Our EYE

we're in a postcard

incredible street art across the Lecco pedestrian passageway



Jamaica bar- Just some rasta's drinking some juice out of a bowl stuffed with fruit and absurdly long straws 

La Scala featuring Raymonda


18 candles are a lot to blow out

Ciao nonna!

the setting red sun

I thought that bowling was like golf... the one with the lowest score wins...

90's bowling shoes

Bartholomew holding the nice shawl of his own skin

The top of the Duomo... I will let the photo speak for itself

Mary cast in gold


The Apocalypse panel of stained glass in the Duomo (apparently a nail from Jesus's crucifixion lies in a box at the top of this stained glass)

Bergamo is on fire

A beautiful tomb in Bergamo

not one pillar is the same


The Kooks were way too good. Almost died to get this photo though. Battling through sweat, over anxious tall men, the incapability to move without triggering a tidal wave and crazy elbowing girls.

By the way the Kook's opening band Molotov Jukebox was one of the best bands I have ever heard live. Including a funky accordion, trumpet and violin it was hard not to get groovy. Oh and the lead lady singer just so happens to be the actress that plays Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter... how neat is that?

What a snazzy stance

next door nonna's flowers

And a nice hello from the steps of Bertacchi

No comments:

Post a Comment